Thursday, January 13, 2011

180 Pound Carrie Fisher New Jenny Craig Spokesperson



From hollywoodbackwash, I love Carrie Fisher so much. I have loved her since I was a little girl and she was the unbelievably cool Princess Leia. I’ve loved her over the years as she’s laughed at herself and dealt with her addictions and mental illness with humor and grace. I loved her a few weeks ago when she called out John Travolta for being gay.

And I love her now for being honest.

The 5′1″ actress and writer says she was a teeny tiny 105 pounds back in her Star Wars days, but got up to 180 pounds late last year.



“I’m fat,” says Fisher, 54. “All the clothes in my closet belong to another chick. They have to make a new alphabet for my bra size.”

Jokes aside, as the newest spokesperson for Jenny Craig, the 5′1″ (and a ½”) actress and author is opening up about her humiliation over gaining weight – she was 180 lbs. at her heaviest – and her determination to slim down.



Fisher, who weighed around 105 lbs. when she starred in the Star Wars trilogy in the late ’70s and early ’80s, says her weight crept up over the years and grew out of control three years ago when she went on the road with her one-woman show Wishful Drinking, thanks to no exercise and an unbalanced diet.

3 comments:

DKC said...

Good for her!! I think that's excellent. (Not that she's 180 lbs, but that she's doing something about it.)

Octopunk said...

That is good. Bummer to have thirty-year-old bikini pictures of yourself that everyone in the world has seen as a comparison, though.

Anonymous said...

I just could not leave your web site prior to suggesting that I extremely enjoyed
the standard info a person supply on your visitors?
Is going to be again continuously to check up on new posts

Here is my blog: jeep wrangler quick order package 23s

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...